Friday, June 8, 2018

Positive Voice



Do you really want to improve yourself? I think you would love to do so. Are you agree with me?? If you are not yet, it's Ok. After reading the following paragraphs you will agree with me. Let’s start.
During my early days at University, I noted two things which our youth lacked.
i)                   A Will to listen to positive voice positively.
ii)                Self-confidence.
The above-mentioned two qualities are inter-related to each other. You can assume that it is a give and take system. Listen to the positive voice, it will give you confidence in return. And that is what we want from our education, as we know that, the ultimate goal of our studies is to make ourselves confident and better in our skills. But, how to achieve these ends is not going to be a straightway for most of us. We will have to improve our skills gradually by giving a positive response to the feedback we receive from the people in the form of a positive voice.

Although we hear all the time about the educational institutes that they impart us these both qualities. Of course, they do, but institutions alone can do nothing.
The “will” either you want to improve yourself or not is more important here. Then you will be able to fix these two spots on your personality? Following tip could help you in this situation:

Develop a positive attitude towards Positive Voice
Let me first explain what is the meaning of “positive voice” through my personal experience.
When I gave my first educational presentation in my first class in University, I felt hesitation to avoid positive voices, that is, criticism, but as soon as I did it, I experienced two types of people.
i)                   Those who commended my presentation
ii)                Those who criticized me and gestured me to do best in the future.
At first, I disliked those who criticized me but suddenly, my mind reminded me of a quote from Norman Vincent Peale, who once said,

 “The trouble with most of us is that we’d rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.”



Then I thought, this positive voice i.e., criticism is more important than praise as it will help me to improve myself and finally, the day came when I delivered a lecture to the whole class confidently which made me feel proud, boosted my confidence and helped me to believe in myself that is the key of success.

Well, it was the case with me. I, like,  all human beings did not like criticism but when I made a cost-benefit analysis of enduring criticism to get improvements in my personality and skills, I said to myself, ‘Buddy, don’t bother to be criticized because it’s for your help, just accept it”
I hope, you will also adopt a positive attitude towards criticism because it’s “FOR YOU”
Stay Blessed😊


No comments:

Post a Comment